Enviro High-Efficiency (HE) Stove™
The Enviro HE (High-Efficiency) Stove™ is designed to burn coal, the most abundant fuel on the planet, in an environmentally sensitive, cost effective, and efficient way. The stove is easy to use and enables people from around the world to prepare daily meals quickly using familiar cooking methods.
Benefits of the Enviro HE Stove™:
- Environmentally Responsible - The Enviro HE Stove has a special filtering system to remove a high percentage of the pollutants that result from burning coal. When our proprietary Clean Burning Fuel (CBF) coal pellets are burned in the stove, pollutants are reduced still further since our technology has minimized contaminates in the pellet production process.
- Efficient, Uniform Cooking - Conventional stoves in use today require 3 to 4 pounds of coal to provide enough heat to cook one meal for a family. The Enviro HE Stove requires 10 ounces of coal to cook the same meal since the unique design of the interior core of the stove directs all heat to the cooking surface. The conical interior of the stove increases draft in the unit compounding the heat intensity, and the exhaust ports surrounding the cook surface facilitate more efficient burning and more complete combustion of the coal, improving the overall heat distribution versus a single "chimney" design. The more evenly distributed heat results in more uniform cooking.
- Safe to Touch - The air chamber surrounding the center core insulates the heat, making the stove safe to the touch even up to temperatures of 1400°F in the core.
- Cost Effective - The annual cost of fuel for a family with the patented Enviro HE Stove and CBF coal pellets is one third or less than the cost of cooking with today’s common stoves and conventional coal briquettes. With the one-time initial cost of the Enviro HE Stove added into the first year’s total investment, the family’s total cost for the first year of use will still be approximately 20% less than the cost of using other current commonly used stoves and briquettes for the year. With the stove paid for in the first year, the savings for each subsequent year will amount to 70% or more.
- Accessory-Friendly Design - As a simultaneous-side-process to cooking, the stove can be fitted with a small solid-state generator and battery pack that can power LED lights for a modest amount of lighting. The stove can also be fitted with a coil-style distillery system to purify contaminated water for drinking. Both accessories leverage the energy generated during the cooking process to minimize the need to expend additional fuel for these functions.
- Easy to Clean - Ash cleanout is very simple and can be done without getting the hands dirty.
- Long-Lasting, Portable, Practical - The stove is made from stainless steel and with proper care will last a lifetime without rust. The stove is lightweight and can be easily moved by a child yet is very stable and will not tip over when in use.
Clean-Burning Fuel (CBF) Coal Pellets™
Why Use Enviro Fuel's CBF Coal Pellets?
Coal is hard to light but, once lit, is an ideal fuel for use in cooking and heating stoves because of coal’s uniform burn rate and the minimal flame that comes from a bed of glowing coals.
For hundreds of years coal has been used all over the world for cooking and heating. Within the last hundred years, coal has often been replaced with petroleum-based and natural gas fuels, primarily due to ease of lighting and cleaner combustion of those alternative fuels. However, in many parts of the world today, the availability of these alternatives and the cost of them, when they are available, puts them out of reach for a large segment of the population.
Currently, in many locations the population still must rely on coal as its major source of cooking and heating fuel. It is readily available, easy to store and transport, poses only minimal safety risks and can be used by any level of skill. Making a fire is still a widely held skill all over the world.
The major practical drawback to using coal today is the difficulty in getting the coal started. It is typically done by first starting a base fire using wood, paper, or flammable liquids such as kerosene, and then slowly adding a little coal until a sufficient amount of the coal is burning to stimulate a spread of the burn when more coal is added. This process is both time-consuming and requires large amounts of coal, which is often a limited resource.
Alternatives to coal, such as wood, charcoal made from wood and other easy-to-procure fuels like dung are either in short supply or very inefficient in terms of a low BTU rating.
Enviro Fuels Manufacturing, Inc. has evaluated the factors comparing coal versus alternative fuels and developed a process that overcomes the difficulty in lighting coal and resolves the other issues associated with using coal as a fuel source.
The Benefits of Enviro Fuels’ CBF Coal Pellets:
- "One-Match Light" - CBF coal pellets require only one match to light them, eliminating the need for nurturing a starter fire.
- Non-Toxic and Tasteless - The ignition formulation in the pellet is a trade secret that has been tested and found to be non-toxic. In addition, it does not alter food flavors.
- Environmentally and Economically Beneficial - Enviro Fuels' proprietary manufacturing process is based upon using coal mining byproducts such as the fines and undersized coal that result as a byproduct of the standard sorting and processing step in preparing mined coal for market distribution. This means that the raw material for the Enviro Fuels’ process leverages a "waste" product from the coal industry. This is both environmentally and financially beneficial.
- Consistent in Size and Performance - The pellets are compacted and uniformly sized to burn hotter, as measured by higher BTU, and more consistently than standard coal briquettes and pellets. This translates into less fuel needed per meal and a considerable savings to the end user over the course of a year.